Monday, July 19, 2021

I'm Bored!

 Ah, yes, the universal cry of Tweens and Teens around the world during Summer. I'm bored! But, why?!?! There is so much to do! What? You doubt me?!?! Ok, check this out.

July 20th is National Fortune Cookie Day so visit your local Chinese restaurant and see what your future holds. After, get a lollipop and celebrate National Lollipop Day.

On July 21st, eat some junk food, yes there is a day for that, and then Be Somebody! You can do that by being somebody that a friend or family member needs today. 

July 23rd - National Vanilla Ice Cream Day! I prefer mine with some chocolate syrup in case you are wondering. Hey, it's hot and us librarians are working hard. We love cool treats!

July 24th - National Cousins Day. Go visit your family! It's ok, we all have that one crazy cousin. Really. We do. 

July 25th - National Merry Go Round and Hot Fudge Sundae Days. Both of those sound good to me. I just would suggest riding the Merry Go Round first. 

July 26th - All or Nothing Day! Is there something you have wanted to do? Try something new? Share a secret? Today is the day! Go Big!

July 27th - Love is Kind Day. This one is easy. Just be nice. To everyone. Even the people that drive you crazy. Ok. Maybe not so easy. But important. So, just be nice.

July 28th - National Milk Chocolate Day. Do I really need to say anything else? Oh, yeah, your favorite librarian likes chocolate! Hint, hint.

July 29th - National Lasagna, Chicken Wings, and Chili Dogs Day. WOW! That all sounds good to me. But, can you guess what Garfield and mine's favorite one is?

July 30th - Talk in an Elevator Day. I already do. Sometimes when I'm all by myself. Also, Get Gnarly Day! Cool. I didn't think anyone used that word anymore. Now I feel totally tubular!

July 31st - National Mutt Day. Take your dog for a walk and see what you can discover together. Just be careful, dogs find things interesting that you might find gross. Just saying. 

There you go! A whole bunch of ways and reasons to not be bored. Now, get out and enjoy some or all of them. Have fun! Make some memories with people that you love. That is always the best way to not be bored. Make this summer the best one yet!

0 comments: