Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Printz Watch 2013!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time again for a blog series that we at the Pearl Library like to call the Printz Watch.

The Michael L. Printz Award is awarded each January to the book that most exemplifies excellence in young adult literature.  The 2013 award will be awarded in January, and it will take into consideration all of the books that were published in 2012.  Some of my favorite books have been Printz Winners, like Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta (Printz winner, 2009).

Last year's Printz was so much fun! I didn't do well at guessing (though I did peg one of the honor books as fantastic), but I got to read and explore some YA that I may not have otherwise picked up. Click here if you'd like to flip through my entries from last year.  With the help of a School Library Journal-based blog called Someday My Printz Will Come, I'm busy reading away. I'm going to start reviewing (and guessing!) soon. If you have any suggestions, or if you think you can guess the 2013 Printz winner, leave a comment and join in the fun!  Even if you have no guesses, check back here frequently  To close, I leave you with a few covers of books (all available from your local CMRLS library!) that may be Printz contenders. 

Happy reading!!
Ally





0 comments: