Friday, December 18, 2015

Staff Book Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

I thought after Amber'sreview of A Court of Thorns and Roses went up yesterday, I'd post my review too, so you could see both sides of the feelings towards this book. Amber didn't like the romance; I LOVED the romance. Read both of our reviews, and then check the book out and see what you think.

TITLE: A Court of Thorns and Roses
AUTHOR: Sarah J. Maas
PUBLISHED: May 5, 2015
416 pages, hardcover
Want to read A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES and see what you think? Find it on the CMRLS catalog and put a hold on it!


Can you say SEXY? I mean, goodness, I was not expecting this book. I’ve got to start with romance in ACOTAR because it’s…seductive. I don’t want you to think that the whole thing is full of sex or anything; it’s just that those few scenes are hot hot hot. Tamlin will make you SWOON. But he isn’t the only character who you’ll fall for. There’s plenty of sexy characters to completely fall in love with, including our kick-butt heroine, Feyre (what an awesome name!).
The world building is stunning, as was expected. The fairie courts and world are so interesting and well-done that I could’ve pictured the land without the addition of the map (though I’m a sucker for a book with a map). I hope we get to see even more of this world in the next book (WHICH NEEDS TO COME OUT TOMORROW!). I just LOVED this world of fairies, beasts, flowers, art, magical eyes, darkness, beautiful manors, Tamlin, Rhys, and magic magic magic. Quick little shout out to our weirdly attractive anti-hero Rhys. I won’t go into much detail here other than to say GET READY.
You may or may not know that this is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Because of it, it’s obvious what is going to happen from the beginning. You know who Feyre’s going to fall in love with, but the path getting there and what happens after is so absolutely amazing, different, and cool that it doesn’t matter. The world, the characters, the magic are all unique, but it definitely still feels like a fairy tale.
The bottom line: Incredible world. Fantastic retelling. Beautiful magic. Awesome characters. SEXY times. Well-deserved hype. I NEED more.

-- Stefani

0 comments: