Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Coming soon: Books We're Excited About (Stefani)


As librarians, we order books every month that go out on our shelf for you to read. But as booknerds, we get just as excited for these upcoming releases as you do. We wanted to showcase some of these newly ordered books that we are excited to read and that we hope you’ll be excited for too! All covers are linked to the book’s Goodreads page so you can learn more about it, and at the end of every description, click “PLACE A HOLD” to be taken to the book in the CMRLS catalog.


  1. Winter by Marissa Meyer (this one will be coming in as an audiobook and physical book!): The final installment of The Lunar Chronicles series, Winter is set to be an epic conclusion to an epic series of fairy tale retellings in a futuristic, sci-fi world. Can’t wait! PLACE A HOLD
  2. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness: A book about all the people who are NOT the Chosen One. Set in a world full of heroes and powers and all that jazz, but about the kids who just want to go to prom and graduate high school. And it’s by Patrick Ness? I need this. PLACE A HOLD
  3. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: Okay, I won’t lie. I’ve read this one already AND I own an ARC and hardcover. I’m ready for this one to come in so I can get everyone and their mother to check it out. It’s one of the best books I read this year. This one is a sci-fi adventure through space focused on two teens attempting to outrun a ship bent on their destruction and an AI who’s gone a little…crazy. What more could you want? PLACE A HOLD
  4. A Madness So Discreet by Mandy McGinnis: I am so ridiculously excited for this book. According to the summary, it “explores the fine line between sanity and insanity, good and evil—and the madness that exists in all of us.” The description sounds fascinating, and I can already feel myself drawn to Grace. PLACE A HOLD
---------------------------------
-- Stefani

0 comments: