Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Coming soon: Books we're excited about (Kayla)

As librarians, we order books every month that go out on our shelf for you to read. But as booknerds, we get just as excited for these upcoming releases as you do. We wanted to showcase some of these newly ordered books that we are excited to read and that we hope you’ll be excited for too! All covers are linked to the book’s Goodreads page so you can learn more about it, and at the end of every description, click “PLACE A HOLD” to be taken to the book in the CMRLS catalog.


  1. The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich: I have been gagging for this book since I first heard about it. I love creepy, unsettling stories, I love psychological thrillers, and I love mixed media. The Dead House apparently has all of that on top of rave reviews, and I’m THERE FOR IT. PLACE A HOLD
  2. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas: The long awaited fourth book in the Throne of Glass series has got me more than a little excited. I love all of the characters, I love the action, I love the story, and I pretty much recommend this series to anyone that crosses my path with even a vague interest in fantasy. PLACE A HOLD
  3. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon: Normally, books like this aren’t the first thing I gravitate toward. Thanks to Stefani, though, I’m learning to get more into contemporary YA, and the premise of Everything, Everything looks really interesting! Come on, a girl that’s allergic to the outside world? Of course I’m into that! PLACE A HOLD
  4. Daughters Unto Devils by Amy Lukavics: Everything I’ve heard about this book sounds delightful. Being from Oklahoma, anything that incorporates the sheer horror of something stalking the prairie  has my vote. This book sounds phenomenally atmospheric and creepy, and I want it in my hands YESTERDAY. PLACE A HOLD
-----------------------------
-- Kayla

0 comments: